Updates on the 2018 Pan American Championships
The IFSC Pan American Council Board is pleased to confirm the 2018 Pan American Championships hosted by Ecuador from the 21st to the 26th of November.
The venue for this new Championship edition will be the Alberto Spencer Stadium, Sports Climbing Complex "Guayaquil" in Guayaquil, Ecuador and will feature Boulder, Lead and Speed as individual disciplines plus a combined final for the 6 best overall athletes
For this event, the quotas for each National Federation will be:
- Maximum of 6 athletes per NF, per gender in each discipline (Boulder, Sport, Speed)
- Competitors must be 16 years of age by December 31st, 2018
- 2 extra quota for host country
- Extra quota that can also participate, additional to the above, are all age-eligible athletes in any discipline, who have:
- Current Adult World Champion status (from Innsbruck WCH 2018)
- World Youth Champion status (from Moscow WYCH 2018)
- Pan American Youth Champion status (from Montreal PAYCH 2017)
All registrations must be made through the IFSC Online Registration System https://ifsc.egroupware.net/egw/login.php before November 14, 2018 at midnight
The event is organized by Ecuadorian Sport Climbing Federation (FEDAN) under the guidance of the International Federation of Sport Climbing (IFSC) and Pan American Council (PAC).
Contact of the local organizing committee:
- Event Director: José Moreano Díaz.
- Phone: (+593) 3294-0950 / (+593) 969 213 419
- Responsible for the event: Marco Precilla
- Phone: (+593) 3294-0950
- Communications Coordinator: Oscar Yépes Gómez
IFSC PAC Officials for the event:
- Technical Delegate: María Izquierdo
- Jury President: TBD
- Chief Routesetter: TBD
- Hits: 1135